July 2, 2013

Eyes On This: Inocente

A year ago this month, a couple of us here at TEM donated to the Kickstarter campaign for the short documentary Inocente.  The film not only reached it's $50,000 Kickstarter goal but also went on to win many awards including Best Documentary Short Subject at the 2013 Oscar Awards (making it the first Kickstarter-funded film to win an Oscar).

Embarrassingly, I admit that although I received the DVD for the film several months ago (as my Kickstarter reward for donating), I only was able to finally sit down and watch it this week. I am now kicking myself for waiting so long to have watched it.

Inocente is about a 15-year-old homeless and undocumented girl who refuses to give up her dream of being an artist despite the many obstacles she encounters.  This inspiring coming-of-age story is not only beautifully told but also beautifully shot.  

Stop by the film's official website to view the trailer and learn where you can see the film in its entirety: http://inocentedoc.com/ 



"My work is colorful because I believe if there were more color in the world, more people would be happy." - Inocente